With only a week to go before your first day of RAGBRI here are the top 10 things I would tell everyone.
1. Drink a lot of water & electrolytes. All day and night. Iowa is hot and you will not find any shade!
2. Bring some cash. Every small town will have food & drink vendors and bike shops. Our favorite restaurants on the road is called Carb Hut usually found at the midday lunch stop. One of the best bets for dinner is the Hy-Vee grocery store chain. Free WiFi and Air conditioning!
3. Put the sag wagon phone number in their phone. And register for severe weather text.
4. Don’t take candy from strangers! 😜
5. Bring some gels/bars just to have in their jersey pockets!
6. Bring two or three pair of spandex two switch out every day.
7. Instead of taking showers wear your spandex to the public pool. Free wash!!!
8. Start your day early to avoid the sun if you can.
9. Sun screen SPT 50.
10. Go out and see the band HAIRBALL!!! It’s a great show!